Monday, December 17, 2018

Liz "Boards and Trailers" My Model

I am lucky to have made some really good friends in this hobby. One of them is Liz Isham Cory.
Liz and me at the Stone Country Fair last May.

She has been "boarding" a model for me for several months. Long story short, the piece was out for repairs that had been completed. The repair artist and I had made several attempts to meet up, but something always prevented that from happening. The model was very heavy and fragile; mailing it simply was not something either of us wanted to do. Hearing about our predicament, Liz offered to pick up the model at a GLC show and hold him for me until we next got together.

A week ago Liz messaged me and told me that she and her husband, Sam, would be driving past my town on the way to visit with family for Christmas. She offered to drop my model off. We met for lunch at a Wendy's and spent some time together catching up and just enjoying a little friend time. (With Sam there, it was a double bonus!)

We had a wonderful time together but they had to push on and continue their trip and I needed to get home as we had plans to get our Christmas tree that afternoon.
 I opened my repaired boy when I got back home and he looks fabulous.
You would never know that he had had a hole develop in his back that caved in and had had spiderweb cracks extending out all around it.
 (I'd kept this piece in his box since I'd gotten him and had had an awful surprise when I opened the box to check him one day. The repair artist said that that happens sometimes in resins if the material cools at different times.)

Thanks for the hand-off, Liz, and for "boarding and trailering" my guy back to me. Most of all, thank you for your wonderful friendship. I hope we get a chance to chat again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment