Monday, December 10, 2018

My Florida Pony Pal

I love having Pony Pal grandchildren who share my passion for horses. It is actually a very bonding experience, and so much fun to pick out presents for them at birthdays and Christmas that reflect our mutual love of anything equine.

Recently Craig and I have been in Florida visiting our son, Kyle, and his family. While there, Pony Pal Adelaide was excited to show me her Christmas tree and her very favorite Christmas ornament.
A Trail of the Painted Ponies Winter Ballet ornament! 
 I love that shade of blue paired with white.

I got it for Addie last year, and it suits her perfectly because not only does she love horses, she is also a very serious ballet student.
Addie is just to the right of the pole. She is dancing at an outdoor festival in St. Augustine.

I give my grandchildren a Christmas ornament every year, a tradition my mother started for my children and has been so successful that when I asked fifteen year old Horseyreader this year if she was tired of the tradition and that perhaps I should stop, she deadpanned, "Only stop when you're dead, Grammy." And then she continued on in a more serious note, " I like getting ornaments from you every year!"

Well, then! There it is - the tradition will continue (at least for her!)
I may buy Breyer's carousel ornament, "Winter Whimsy," for Addie next year. It, too, is that pretty shade of blue and white, and I think my Florida Pony Pal would really like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment