Model horse advertising freebies are always fun to receive, whether they come in a model horse box or are slipped into an envelope and mailed. Breyer and Hartland models have all made it onto trading cards from time to time, and currently, Hagen Renaker Tennessee is offering stickers of HR models to members of the Hagen Renaker Collectors Club.
These Breyer trading cards are from The West Coast Model Horse Collector's Jamboree.
On the back is information about the exclusive model being offered at the annual event.
Sometimes the cards were not necessarily related to the model that you bought, but were randomly handed out when you placed an order. I've never owned a Breyer Pronghorn or Bighorn Ram, but I received their trading cards when I placed orders with The Equine Center.Their cards have the name of the Breyer distributor on the back along with information about the model. These are from the mid 1990s or so.
Hartland also distributed cards like these from the Stevens Manufacturing era in the 1990s.
They were included in the box with the models when I bought them.
Even the Grand Champion company handed out cards, although these were actually a part of the box. This model was a gift to my daughter, Lisa, so I would date the card to the late 1980s/very early 1990s.Two sided like the Breyer cards, they had information about the model that was inside the box.
Tomorrow, if I can dig them out (I think I know where they are!), I will show some other freebies that were handed out around the same time as these.







No comments:
Post a Comment