Yesterday I went out to check on Abby and as usual, she came right up when I called. But first, even though she was already encrusted with mud, she had a good roll and added more goo to her coat. (Girl, I am not petting you anywhere there is fresh mud!)
And then, she stopped for a drink.
Oh, Abby! Really? Could you not walk over to the stock tank and drink? I just checked it, and it is full of clean water and ice-free! (The puddle is bigger than it looks - she is uphill from me and so the camera angle doesn't show it well.)
I did have to laugh as I saw the ring of clean hair encircling her tail like a donut ring.
Good grief, she even put her head back as she rolled and got the mud almost to the tips of her ears! Perhaps there are some porcine genes in that mare. She's not just rolling, she's wallowing!
I did end up getting some goo on my hands during our visit, but there's a bathroom in the new barn and I keep wet wipes in my car for situations like this. Not that I like winter, but I hope that things will freeze again to get rid of all that mud.
Sneak peek for tomorrow's blog post...
Nancy Kelly's latest book!



No comments:
Post a Comment