Monday, May 4, 2020

But, Wait! There's More!

After writing the blog post about Isham, Buffalo Bill Cody's favorite horse who was named after a relative of Liz (Isham) Cory and later became a Breyer model, I was asked to tell more about the story.  People particularly wanted to know whether or not Breyer knew of the connection between Liz and Isham when they made the model or if it was just a coincidence.

I messaged Liz and asked, and this was her response.


It was a coincidence. I met the Breyer employee who designed the graphics for the run boxes at BreyerFest. When she heard my name, she was surprised, because she was currently working on that project. She asked me for background information which I provided.

But then Liz went on to tell me about another model that was intentionally produced and named after her mother. 

The Peter Stone Caroline's Summer Star, however, was named for my mother.

I will share the story about Caroline's Summer Star tomorrow. In a meantime, here is a sneak peek photo from Liz.




2 comments: