Sunday, May 31, 2020

Going Forward

Yesterday I did not go out to the barn. I didn't want to see that empty nursery paddock and be reminded that we lost Little Feller. I didn't want to stand at the gate and cry again. I just didn't want to do anything.

But when hard things happen, you have to move forward, even if you don't feel like it. So later today I will drive out, take carrots to Abby and her pals, and walk past that empty paddock. I will probably cry again, but I still have a wonderful mare who looks forward to my visits. (Let's be honest; she looks forward to the treats I bring with me!) I've got the rest of the herd to brush and scritch. Sweet Sultanna to hug. I am blessed in many ways, and especially horse-wise.

Life goes on, and I've had my time to grieve, to try to come to grips with the "why did this happen?" I firmly believe that animals go to heaven, and that Little Feller is up there kicking up his heels and prancing around. That comforts me. I'm moving on and will be fine.
 Rest in peace, Little Feller. You will always have a piece of my heart. 






1 comment: