Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Rain (Rot), Rain (Rot), Go Away!

Abby's coat is much better! 
As she continues to shed out, the rain rot is disappearing and there is new hair growth on the skin that was left bare.
Since I have a compromised immune system, I couldn't go to any of the farm stores around here and purchase MTG to help repair her coat and skin. I ended up ordering it online. Unfortunately, delivery has been delayed by the COVID-19 pandemic. 
Even though her coat is improving, I will still use it when it gets here. I am hoping it will help her mane regrow. 
I am pretty sure the problem is that Hokey nibbles it off, so we shall see. MTG smells like barbecue sauce - I wonder if that will deter him or make him nibble even more!
In the meantime, it looks like the rain rot has gone away, but I sure hope it doesn't "come again another day!"







2 comments:

  1. Wow -- Sultanna is really looking pregnant now. Waiting anxiously for the foaling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim told me the middle to late May is when she should foal. That's almost now!

    ReplyDelete