Thursday, May 28, 2020

The Herd Gets a Look

I went back out to the barn mid afternoon to check on the new arrival. Hokey had been promoted from babysitting duty and was back in with the herd while Sultanna and her son were grazing quietly in the nursery paddock. Although the gate to the south pasture had been opened up for Sultanna and her baby so they could graze out there, she and her son were still in the nursery paddock.
 He is an active little guy and constantly moving.
Except during snack time, of course. Sultanna is handling that very well, too. In the morning she was touchy at times, but I did not see her show any sign of tetchiness during this check.

While I was there, the herd came up. I don't think that this was their first time to see the foal (I know it wasn't for Abby) but they were still very interested nonetheless.
Sultanna let them have a peek and then took her baby back into the paddock.

Then she brought him back to the fence and sniffed noses with the other horses.
Finally, she let him get close to Trouble, then herded him away and trotted off into the south pasture. I love how everyone comes trotting up and Sultanna just tosses her head and heads off into the pasture leaving them all behind!
Mama and son.

Stay tuned for more baby pictures later today!





No comments:

Post a Comment