Monday, March 27, 2023

Kalamazoo Friends & Doin's

The friendships that you make at events, be it living history, model horse, or other, are one of the best things about any hobby. 


Lisa has tons of friends in living history and we had a steady stream of folks dropping by our booth by to visit. 


Hawk and his wife Jill.


Hawk is a bead expert - this bead was handmade in the 18th century. It was huge; I can't imagine wearing it. (Hawk was. You can see it in the photo above.


A lot of friends are made "in booth." You stop by to look at their merchandise, a conversation begins, and the next thing you know, you're on a first name basis and go looking for each other at the next event!


Hand blocked fabrics are Leslie and Rick's specialty. (Photo by Kzoo event photographer, Brooke Sauter.)


My beeswax ornaments also made the official photographs. (Photo by Brooke Sauter.)


As did my fans. (I try to have on hand things that children could afford to buy and fans are one of those items.) (Photo by Brooke Sauter.)


Leslie makes sure there are things for children to do, too. The gymnasium in the expo center is set up with games, activities, and places to sit and rest for a while. (Photo by Brooke Sauter.)


Future model horse hobbyists in the making! (Photo by Brooke Sauter.)


Despite the snow and ice that had threatened to derail the event, I had a steady stream of customers throughout the event.

Tomorrow I'll share about a few of the "made me smile" moments and tell you what "sold like hotcakes" hour after hour after hour.

Stay 'tooned!. 








1 comment:

  1. Why haven't I seen this abbreviation before, Kzoo?! Charming. But those littl'uns playing with the models are even more so. We live near an Amish valley and they look Amish to me.

    ReplyDelete