Friday, March 24, 2023

Those "Dapples"!

I love the early Breyer dapples - cornflake, spatter, and more. And Breyer vintage molds are my favorite.


So, when the two are combined, I am a happy collector.


I would call the dapples on this pretty Running Mare cornflake dapples although they are more rounded than most cornflake dapples are. 


She was a gift in a Secret Santa exchange last summer, and I was very glad to receive her. My Secret Santa told me that she had had her for a long time and intended to customize her but hadn't because she was too pretty. I agree and am glad that she didn't!

If I can get time (I'm still unpacking and inventorying from last weekend's event in Kalamazoo) I'd like to do an occasional series on Breyer's dapples. I have a lot of examples in my collection so that part will be easy; it's finding the time to pull and photograph them and do the research.

But I intend to try, so cross your fingers and stay 'tooned!


1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to your dapples posts! It will be fun to see how techniques have changed over time.

    ReplyDelete