Wednesday, April 5, 2023

More Haversacks

Despite all the clothes I sold at Kalamazoo, I have not yet stitched up one item to replace them. Why? It's show season and haversack orders have been rolling in.  Not that I mind - I love to sew, and enjoy both sewing businesses. But with haversack orders, the fabric I use is almost always horsey, and that's an added bonus over the 18th century sewing.

Here's a look at some haversacks from an order I just completed.


An XLT (Extra Long Traditional) in Girls Playing Model Horses (Chocolate.) I love the girl who is playing guitar for her models and how they are "listening" to her!


I always take photos for the buyer to show who will fit into the haversack. (It looks like the tail would hang out on this one; I just didn't center the Cleveland Bay on the haversack well. He does fit.)


Two Traditional, one in Dragon Hearts, the other in Girls Playing Model Horses (White.)


Models to show fit.


Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner fabric.

A Traditional and two Stablemate haversacks.

This was my last haversack order and I'd planned to begin some 18th century sewing when it was completed, but as that day I finished, I got another large order for haversacks.

Not that I mind - I'm happy to sew more of them!

Tornado Update

Craig and I went to Indianapolis yesterday and were appalled at the damage we saw from last Friday's tornados. There was over an hour delay on I-65 at one point because crews are still cleaning debris off of it. At another place, a farmer's field was completely covered with debris - so much so, you could not see the ground, only the rubble of what had once been a home and barn. I had heard the destruction was bad, but not realized just how much so. Those poor people.




2 comments:

  1. I always love seeing your horsey fabrics! I don’t show, never have, but one of these days I may order some Haversacks from you, just for the fun fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wrapping up a horse in something called Chicken Dinner... I have mixed feelings about this,... :) I'm glad to hear that you still like to sew, and even more, glad your family is safe from the storms.

    ReplyDelete