Sunday, December 8, 2024

B Stampers: The Ones in My Collection

First Post of the Day

There are three reveals today - the usual Christmas Horse of the Day and the Advent Calendar Reveal, but there is also....

My B Stampers!

The first is the Overo Paint on the Stud Spider mold. He was made in 1979 only, the very beginning of the B stamp era.


There are three different patterns on the Overo Paint; this is the first and oldest one. The other two were produced 1979 - 1980 and 1980 - 1981. (Essentially, this model bookended the B Stamp era.)


One of my first B Stamp models, his story can be found here.

 
This vintage Pacer with a black halter joined my collection in February of 2019. The Pacer is an extremely tippy model, but unlike other Breyer wobbly molds (which I usually sell), I have a conga of them. 


I especially like this color on the Pacer mold. And the halter varies from black, brown, and red, so of course I need an example of each, right?


This Proud Arabian Stallion was my first B stamper found in October, 2017


He is in rough shape and I had actually left him behind more than once. But when I discovered that B stamp, I brought him home. He is still in sad shape, but hey, he's a B stamper!

The most recent B stamper to join my collection came in May of this year and was from my friend, Steff Bodamer.  Alast year's Midwest Mini Mayhem, we did some trading for haversacks. Win-win!


I was actually first interested in the vintage box he was in but then I saw that B on his leg.


I have several Man O'Wars, but I did not have one that was a B stamper so home with me he came.

My next three B stampers are all the same mold - the Rearing Stallion.

 
Crane, the Halloween counterpart to Ichabod.

 
A very definite B stamp is on his hock.

For unknown reasons, Breyer never removed the B stamp from this mold as it did from others when the oil crisis was over in 1982.


I also have Breyer Show Special Little Chaparral, 1993, a companion to Limited Edition Chaparral who was made in 1992. 


Little Chaparral's B stamp.


This is Pisces from the Classic Zodiac set in 2015. (A really cool set - I took the plunge and bought them all.)


Not only does he have a B stamp, but his color is so pretty.

With the exception of one more that I'm on the fence about, that is all of the B Stampers I have. I'll share about it tomorrow.

Stay 'tooned!

Christmas Horse of the Day


Ivy, the 2015 Christmas Surprise Horse. He is a glossy dappled green with white points on on the popular Flash mold.
A gambler's choice, the other model was Holly, a glossy dappled red with white points. Only 350 were made of each color.


Advent Calendar Reveal - Day 8


An arch stock gate!


One that not only attaches to the other fencing but one that opens, too!






No comments:

Post a Comment