Sunday, January 26, 2025

New Stablemate Racks

A few days ago I posted a photo of something that had arrived in the mail. Several astute readers knew exactly what they were.


Horse racks for my growing Stablemate collection.(There. I admitted it!)


After doing some research, I narrowed my choices down to two different styles. I did like the one I didn't buy better - its poles are much thinner and it is far less obtrusive - you can see the models much more easily than you can with the sets I bought.

But their design made it difficult for all Stablemate molds to use the rack plus the thinness made me wonder if they could withstand a bump or a bobble on the shelves. And the whole purpose of getting some racks was to prevent that from happening.

So, I went with the thicker sets.


Like the racks I use at shows for my other models, these expand and contract to fit the models using them.


And they have plastic tubes on each post to protect the models from rubs or scratches.


Those can be easily removed if you prefer. (I'm leaving them in place.)


One thing I did not like was that there was lots of "fuzz" all over them.


I'm pretty sure that that is filaments or threads from the printing process.


I bought four sets and every one of them had this on them to varying degrees. I picked most of it off, but I was surprised that that was not done before the racks were packaged for sale.



Currently I am experimenting with them and where I'd like to start displaying my Stablemates. 


My Stablemate barn is stuffed full; I'd like to remove the pieces that are too big for it.


This is a photo of a display I had a few years ago, but I got tired of the horses falling over and taking others with them. I may try putting the racks on those tiers and see how that works.

We shall see. It sounds like a fun putter for a cold winter afternoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment