First Post of the Day
I'm six days post-op today and I am healing. There is no incisional pain at all but there is still a sharp pain where the mesh is now implanted. I'm no longer on prescription pain meds, but I still need OTC ones.
There is a lot of swelling in my abdomen, so much so that I am wearing clothing that hangs from the shoulders like the muumuu I am wearing in this photo with the dogs.
Tuesday is not our normal day to have Nash and Molly, but we are in an arctic chill and Molly's arthritis has flared up - she's doing a lot of limping. We were concerned about the doggy door at their house - it goes out onto a patio and then there are several steps down into the yard. What if Molly couldn't get back up those steps and into the house? Or slipped on the ice and snow and couldn't get up?
Far safer to bring the two doggos here than risk Molly being caught outdoors when the temps are single digits. Besides, they are good company and a good post-op distraction.
Another nice distraction yesterday were these flowers sent by my siblings. Not only are they pretty, but they are very fresh and their scent is divine! (And so spring-like! Spring can't come soon enough for me.)
There was one last distraction yesterday - Curt called and asked to drop by with Lukie and Ian. They had basketball practice at a gym near our home and came over when they'd finished.
The dogs were over the moon to have Curt, Ian, and Lukie join us, and they all played hard together. I did get them to stop for a minute and come snap a photo with me. (Tammo was still trying to play, LOL.)
Some of my post-op team.
Recovery is going slower than usual, but it is happening. I can get upstairs again, I did a couple of loads of laundry, and last night I slept in bed rather than the recliner.
Baby steps towards normalcy, but I'll take it!

Don’t push yourself! It’s OK to take it easy!
ReplyDelete