Wednesday, May 21, 2025

"Sorry, I had a Foam Finger On"

Second Post of the Day

"Sorry for the shaky video; I had a foam finger on."

Best quote of Trinity's graduation weekend! It became a phrase that was repeated over and over, eventually becoming the title of the shared family folder of pics from graduation weekend. We are still laughing about it.

I was at home watching the ceremony via Zoom, and Craig and Lisa were at the ceremony and taking photos and videos. Lisa sent me a video with the text: "Sorry for the shaky video; I had a foam finger on."

Soon her comment was circulating among the entire family, and we laughed about it all weekend. (Me?? Pass it on?!?)

Of course, the foam fingers (there were two)  showed up in a lot of the photos from Commencement, too.


She did it! (And she did it while working full time, too, for Cambus.)


Lisa with Jessie R, a dear family friend, who drove out from Colorado to be with us.


Yes, Trinity is that tall. She's 6' and doesn't hesitate to wear heels. 


The proud Hawkeye family.


The proud Utah Valley University and Purdue University family.


The proud Iowa/Illinois State/Utah Valley University/Purdue University/University of Illinois/Parkland College/Colorado State and several more I am forgetting family. 

 

Trin, I am so proud of you. 


Enjoy your celebratory trip to Disneyland


 and some time off before your next big adventure.


I love you, sweet girl!


Don't forget that the Give Away has been extended through tomorrow! Comment to enter!





6 comments:

  1. How wonderful to see your family coming together to celebrate one of their own. I love when you share moments like this.
    Please let me add my Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hats off to Trinity for earning her nursing degree! My mom is a retired RN and I have always been so grateful to the nurses who cared for me during various health travails over the years. Nurses rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Trinity! She will be an awesome nurse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love graduations. All graduations, even for people I haven't met.
    Congratulations Trinity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Trinity best wishes for your bright future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! What an achievement!
    I’m sure you’re so very proud of her, Lynn 💜

    ReplyDelete