Friday, June 6, 2025

BreyerFest's Host Hotel

BreyerFest's host hotel has been the same since its inception. It is a rabbit warren of oddly planned hallways, elevators, and rooms. I've wandered its halls, map in hand, many times and I think I've gotten turned around at least once every year I've been to BreyerFest. (And that's part of the fun of the place.) 


A view of the hotel from the interstate taken in October, 2019, as we drove past it on the way to visit our grands. 

Originally called the Holiday Inn North, Clarion bought it and the hotel became the Clarion Hotel. Hobbyists combined Clarion with the more familiar HIN (Holiday Inn North) and dubbed it the CHIN. Most of us call it either the CHIN or the Clarion. (The current official name is Clarion Hotel Conference Center - North.)

For me, the CHIN is the heart of BreyerFest, the place we gather after a hot day out at Kentucky Horse Park and begin some serious shopping and socializing. If I had to choose between going to the park or going to the CHIN, I'd choose the CHIN. 

Yep, I am serious. Put it on your bucket list if you've never been inside the place. 

Hobbyist Nancy K. recently posted an excellent video describing the Clarion and guiding watchers through its hallways and various rooms. If you're new to BreyerFest, it will familiarize you with the CHINS's ins and outs; if you're a BreyerFest veteran, then it's a nice review. (Let's face it - we've all gotten lost in that place at least once, right?) 

Nancy K. has some more hobby videos to watch.


Here's the link to her YouTube channel.

Thanks, Nancy K.! No doubt your video will be helpful to a lot of people who are attending in-person BreyerFest.

And for those staying at home? I can attest that it was still fun to watch and even made me a little bit "BreyerFest homesick" as I watched it.

Well done!




3 comments:

  1. Yes, I've gotten lost there. I had to learn it the hard way. But after that, I think I've been in every inch. If we'd had videos like these, things would've been different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If any reader who's never been needs any more convincing, I once had a first-timer mother & daughter ask me where the elevator was to the 5th floor (the CHIN has only 2 storeys)! I do admit I got turned around plenty in that place for the first ten years or so, & that I was a little bit proud of myself the first year I didn't!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you liked it, Lynn! I was getting nostalgic for those hallways as I sorted through my photos. I'm planning some new collection tour videos for June, so stay tuned! :)

    ReplyDelete