Second Post of the Day
"Pepper! Hey, Pepper! Wanna eat some of my grass with me? It's nice and fresh this morning!"
(Thinking) "Yes!! She's dropped the frisbee! You can ALWAYS count on Labs to be distracted by food! That frisbee will be mine!"
"Oops. My head won't fit."
(Quietly) "Doggone it! It's just out of reach!"
(Musing to self) "Hmmmm. I can see that she's really chowing down. You might even call her a chowhound! Hahahaha! Sometimes I crack myself up."
(To self) "I'll try a new tactic." (Whining) Pepper? Pepper!? Will you help me?"
(Talking around a mouthful of food) "What do you want, Sarah? I am eating, you know."
(Cautiously whispering) Could I play with your frisbee? Pretty please? With a dog treat on top?"
"Munch munch munch munch"
"Please? It looks like fun when you and Tammo are chasing yours."
"Munch munch swallow. Naw, I don't think so. Your spit will get on it and I am a very hygienic dog."
(Incredulously to self) "This from the dog that the entire neighborhood knows eats bunny cocoa puffs?"
"I need to come up with something that will entice her to share. Think think think think think."
"Hey, Pep! I'll let you swim in my pool if you let me play with your frisbee. I know Labs love water and even have webbed feet to help them swim."
(Irritated) "Sarah! I happen to be very self conscious of my webbed feet. Why, every time I go do Pepper Passes at Lisa's school, Lynn shows them to every kid in the class. How would you like it if that happened to you?"
"Besides, there's a big lake right behind me."
"Do you know how many times Lynn has thrown my frisbee into it?"
"Oh, dear. I've upset her. Now Pepper will never let me play with her frisbee."
"What can I do to get that frisbee? Think, Sarah, think!"
"Wait! Pepper's moving down the fence line! Now's my chance."
"Taptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptap"
Send!
Short pause.
Ding!
Stay 'tooned for another episode of Dogs of Our Lives.
And don't forget to comment to enter the Give Away for the Fonso pin!




So cute! Sarah is a beauty!
ReplyDeleteShe really is a beauty. And very sweet. She just turned a year old and Pepper and Tammo have known her since she was a puppy. She probably weighs almost twice as Pepper does as an adult!
Delete'Bunny cocoa puffs' 😆
ReplyDeleteAfter we dubbed them that, we have had a ard time eating the breakfast cereal Cocoa Puffs! LOL
Delete"Hard" not "ard". LOL Lynn
Delete