It's been a year. A long year. A hard year. A year where often I felt adrift and horse-lonely.
Originally I'd planned to commemorate today with a whole week of throwback posts and my favorite pictures. But I couldn't do it. When I'd try to write about her or look for pictures, the tears would start. Just as they have now.
I simply can't.
So, here is my favorite photo of the two of us together, a gift from HorseyReader Trinity who embellished the photo with with silver metallic thread, framed it, and gave it to me just after Abby died.
And my favorite video, one of Abby's pied piper moments. (Oh, how I miss those times when she would follow me all over the pasture!)
Rest well, sweet girl. I miss you terribly.


Hugs to you, Lynn.
ReplyDeleteHmmmm, peppermints!
ReplyDeleteIt seems the loss of your sweetheart horse was especially painful because of how sudden it was. You never had a chance to say good-bye. Plus the fact that you were the one that found her and Two Socks. She was an incredible horse. Warm hugs to you.
Anniversaries can be so hard. Hugs to you and love forever to your beautiful best girl.
ReplyDeleteSending hugs.
ReplyDeleteOf course you can't. And of course we understand. You loved her, and we love you (and her!).
ReplyDeleteIf we didn't love them so much, it wouldn't hurt so much when they are gone. But I have found that the pain does ease with time, and the remembering starts to bring a smile with the tears, and I can begin to look at our time together as a chapter in my life that ended so the next chapter could begin. When you are ready, your next chapter will be waiting for you. Until then, virtual hugs.
ReplyDelete