And most who asked that question would then add, "I would go crazy if I had nothing to do."
with sleeve buttons.
Nothing to do?? Really? I never could understand that question and response, especially when it was asked while my six kids were standing around me.
Sometimes I really had to bite my tongue when I responded.
Now that I am retired, I get those kinds of questions again, and they are still coupled with something along the lines of, "I think I'd die of boredom."
My answer has not changed because I am just as busy now as I was when I was a stay at home mama or during my teaching career.
Current things that keep me busy:
~ Dogs, including watching the pack several times a week while Lisa is at work.
Honestly, this is Pepper's favorite sleeping position.
~ Sewing clothing for the upcoming Feast of the Hunter's Moon.
A just completed trade shirt
~ Preparing to make a regency gown for Vanessa to wear to a Jane Austen event. (Pics of that project to come another time.)
~ Making haversacks, to sell and to donate.
The circled ones just sold, but if you need any Stablemate, Curio/Venti, or Classic sized haversacks, these are available.
~ Piecing together the BreyerFest history series.
This outline has been completely blown out of the water now that I've gotten so much research done!
~ Having Ian, Mila, and Lukie over to help do yard work and clean the garage, etc.
Taking a break together while working on the garage.
Weeding and then laying fresh mulch in my stepping stone garden.
When we've finished, I pay them and we get some fast food for lunch
and then we play games around the dining room table for a while. I love those days.
~ Volunteering in Indianapolis and here in West Lafayette.
~ Medical appointments, tests, treatments, and more.
As always, there are things going on that need to be addressed.
But I have a great team of doctors who care for me.
~ Planning Happy Trails V, the fun show/pony party I hold.
The next time someone asks me what I do all day, I'll just refer them to this blog post and continue on doing what I am doing. It's all good!
(And by the way, suggestions for classes for the Happy Trails V show are welcome! Put them in the comments or email me!)









Love the sleeve buttons! And oh, that glimpse of a Western saddle in the garage [left wall],... You are so fortunate to have those grandkids; they are, indeed, grand.
ReplyDeleteI'm so busy now in retirement I wonder how I ever had time to work a full-time job. Your days are filled with wonderful happenings!
ReplyDeleteThere's been no point in my life when I've had trouble staying busy. Much the opposite, in fact!
ReplyDeleteah i hope you are not buying the regency dress pattern you have posted a pic of here as it looks like it might be ai made :( and even if it is not, it will not provide the correct historical shape (the pattern has seams at the front and gathered skirt at the front, both things you dont see in regency dresses) I really recommend the laughing moon patterns, they also are sold as pdfs on etsy. Good luck!
ReplyDelete- regency reenactor
Nice to know there is another living history person on here! I love Laughing Moon patterns and firmly dislike AI. I also dislike digital patterns that I need to print and tape together like the one in the picture. That photo was merely a placeholder and not what I am using. Lynn
DeleteDan Patch Advertising items? I have seen several things still available, especially at antique stores. Playing cards, etc.
ReplyDelete