The weather has warmed up here and the snowpack that's been on the ground for over a month has finally melted. Reason to celebrate!
So, here's a mish mosh of some things that might also make you smile - they sure did me. And a couple other things thrown in because, you know, mish mosh!
Gesundheit, Molly!
Mama had a sneezing fit the other day and Lisa was able to catch the very last part of it on video.
https://youtube.com/shorts/Grb4pYpglBU?feature=share
Sweet girl, no one sneezes like you do!
Pony Pals Kate, Cambria, and Titan are my penpals. I love getting letters from them and I save every one of them.
Sometimes those letters sit for a while after they've been written while waiting for a stamp or a parent to take them to the post office. When that happens...
I get a letter blitz!
Which I don't mind at all. I grab a coke, settle into my cozy reading chair, and enjoy opening and reading those letters.
All three kids draw me little illustrations on their letters, and almost always one of them is a horse or pony.
Western Earthquakes? Should I Worry?
The west has been having a lot of minor earthquakes this year. Sarah has felt them in Montana, and Jessica in Utah. The epicenters have not been close to either of them so I wasn't too concerned until Jessie sent me this map.
The red lines are fault lines and they pass very close to her home. (The brown portion of the map indicates that that land is actually elevated and part of Dry Mountain.)
Their home is up on Dry Mountain and they have a retaining wall surrounding their back yard to hold the mountain back. The two fault lines are just beyond that sagebrush covered rise.
Honestly, I haven't ever worried about earthquakes for Jessie's family. Wildfires? Yes, and with good reason as they have come very close to her home in the past.
Gimme Some Elsie Mae, Please!
The western part of the Isenbarger clan gathered in Idaho this past weekend to celebrate Elsie Mae.
No comments:
Post a Comment