New beginnings. A new month can bring just that, and other new things, too. Such as...
A New Model!
Lisboa arrived Saturday and after giving him time to warm up to room temperature (he'd sat in the mailbox in single digit temperatures most of the day),
I opened him. And he is stunning. But he is not staying. I'd traded him for BreyerMidwest's Beau N' Arrow. I've already boxed him up again and will send him off today.
A New Winter Coat!
Lisa has been concerned about Mama and Nashie as they take their walks in this extremely cold weather.
Molly wasn't sure what to do in her spiffy new coat (in Purdue colors!) so she finally just laid down and went to sleep! (Sweet girl, you never fail to make me smile.)
Nashie is too big for the coat Lisa got him so she will keep looking.
A New Baby!
Jaycie and Elsie Mae went to Montana to visit Gimme and Grandad while JC studied for some very important tests back in Idaho.
The smiles that Elsie Mae gives her Gimme!!
To see my oldest daughter with her first grandchild brings me to tears every time I watch it. "Gimme that baby" indeed!
A New Blanket!
We celebrated Vanessa's birthday this weekend and gave her a snuggly warm comforter that she'd been wanting.
She and the kids tried it out. (Yes, those dogs wanted in on the fun, and after the photo was taken, Gus joined his family on the couch.)
New Snow
February, I told you to stop January's craziness, and on the second day of your month you let it snow?
I am so intrigued by the ground movement the snows have helped bring to light. This is a stepping stone in my garden that's been uplifted.
New Places!
Lucky Curt!
A college roommate of his is on sabbatical in England and teaching at a university there. He invited Curt to come over and spend a week with him.
A New Pose!
Or maybe I should say, a new impediment. I couldn't get up while she laid like this on my foot. (Although I must say, that foot was very toasty!) For sharp eyed readers, yes, those are Breyer socks I am wearing. That pair happened to match my dress and I wore them to church that morning. LOL
So February, there are lots of new beginnings already. I'll overlook that snow we got overnight if you will try to stop sending cold weather our way, okay?
Stay 'tooned, ya'll, and we will see what February does together.
No comments:
Post a Comment