Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Me? Buying Unicorns?

Me? Buying unicorns?? Believe it or not, I did.


Not only did I buy two boxed sets of Breyer's Unicorn Gift Collection, I also bought three of Breyer's unicorn Christmas ornaments.


Every Thanksgiving, I give each one of my grandchildren a Christmas ornament to hang on their Christmas trees. My mother did this for our kids, and I love to visit them in their homes and see all those old, treasured ornaments hanging up. Clearly, they have a lot of meaning to my children and are a fond memory of their grandmother. I chose to carry on the tradition with my own grandchildren.

The unicorn ornament is much nicer in hand than it is in photos - even Breyer's promotional pictures do not show how pretty the ornament is. Pony Pals Cambria, Mila, and Julie will all get one of these.

And in light of Pony Pal Mila's recent Pandora's box moment, I thought she would like the boxed set of unicorns.  (Look closely and you can see her playing with four of my brightly colored Horse Crazy Stablemates in the video.) The other will go to either Pony Pal Cambria (although she REALLY wants cowboy boots, a hat, or a belt buckle for mutton busting) or to Julie, maybe even Corinne or Whitney, although those two are more into ballet than they are unicorns at the moment.

Who'd ever have thought that, of all people, I would actually be buying unicorns?? The things you do for your family...



1 comment:

  1. Easy enough to rationalize when it is for someone else, eh? ;)

    Good job, Grammy!

    ReplyDelete