Friday, October 18, 2019

What a Mess!

Anyone else make a big mess when they are packing for a live show?
I could never live in one of those Tiny Houses that you see on HGTV and are so popular right now - I keep things nice and neat and packed up in tubs, but when I need something, I spread out all over the place!
I've been in the middle of a big sewing project (granddaughter Susan's quiet book) so I had to pack all that into a tub in order to have room to spread models out on the craft table.
 Then I pulled out all the models that were going to the show with me to inspect and clean.
There is a collectibility division with a class for bison, but my poor Tatanka had gotten some black marks on his head and body that needed to be cleaned off before he could go in the show ring.
With some tips from Allison Pareis, I was able to remove them without damaging his finish or taking off any of that fragile grey paint used for shading on this piece.
 When not in use for a show, my tubs are used to store pony pouches, foam, bubble wrap,
and boxed models that I do not have out on display. Of course, those have to come out of the tubs so I can pack the show models into them.
 I always take a photo of how things were packed so that I can repack them when I get home.
I'm in the final throes of packing and hope to leave between 1:00 and 2:00 this afternoon. The show is a five hour drive away (GLC in Huntley) and I am looking forward to a day of socializing with good friends and showing a few pieces that I don't often take to shows.

Wish me luck!



3 comments:

  1. Good Luck!!! I love it when someone says 'in the throes of.' May you have a terrific weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck and have fun!!! I will be making my own mess this weekend packing for an all-minis show! Those are some good tips and ideas...may have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mind sharing that tip for removing black spots?

    ReplyDelete