I followed a link that she'd provided, and soon I was doing an online search of my own so that I could add one to my collection.
Meet Afjordable! Isn't he nice? His scale is somewhere in-between traditional and classic.
He came in a beautiful styrofoam lined box to prevent breakage,
along with a collector's card
with information about the piece as well as the breed.
There was also a 2016 catalog in there with ornaments as well as other pieces.
Even though I prefer realistic models for the most part (Candy Cane Zebras aside, haha) I do have two Trail of the Painted Ponies in my collection.
Since I grew up on an apple orchard and my favorite breed is the Appaloosa, I have one of the earliest models done by the company, Apple-loosa. (Photo retrieved from Google Images.)
And then a former student who is horsey herself (she's all grown up now and an eventer!) gave me the Christmas ornament, Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh. (Photo also from Google Images.)
When Karen posted that link to the Fjord, I began wondering what else I might have missed that would be a nice addition to my collection. I plan to keep my eye out for new releases from Trail of the Painted Ponies.
In the meantime, I am enjoying having Afjordable (and his nice sparkly base) on my desk where I can see him.
Thanks for the tip, Karen!





Thanks for the shout out. I love the name "Afjordable" -- so clever! I called mine "Svenson" -- wasn't feeling particularly inspired that day.
ReplyDeleteIt's good to see some classic Moody artisanry, and one I hadn't seen before. That pony is so her!
ReplyDelete