Monday, March 1, 2021

Melting, Mud, and Meteorological Spring

We've had a warm up here in western Indiana and the snow is finally melting away.


Take a look at the high drift on the left side of the new barn. See it piled up almost to the roof?


It's still there but it's disappearing. I couldn't get into the barn through either of the doors there so I had to go in through the lounge door off the veranda at the front of the barn.


Melting snow means that you have squishy ground and lots of mud.

I'm not fond of mud, but I am glad that our heavy snow is melting and that I can once again visit with the horses instead of doing a drive by and trying to gauge how Abby is from the road.


I hopped puddles and muddy spots and was able to walk out to the west pasture where Abby, Hokey, and Trouble are.


She was so glad to see me and munch on her peppermints.


What a muddy mess she was! Tim has always joked about her fondness for rolling in the mud and calls mud her "spa."


Looks like Trouble and Hokey tried out the spa, too.


Sultanna is still over at the blue barn keeping Diablo company.


She'd been rolling in the mud, too.


Diablo came over to say hello while I was chatting with Sultanna. Another one who had a bit of a spa day!

Astronomical spring is March 20 but I prefer to follow the meteorological seasons and meteorological spring starts today, March 1.

Happy first day of spring everbody, mud and all!



No comments:

Post a Comment