Sunday, March 7, 2021

Mini Haversacks - Customer Gifts

I made some more mini haversacks, this time out of fleece. They are much less work than the cotton ones and look really nice. In fact, I prefer how the mini haversacks look in fleece over how they look in cotton or flannel.


The fleece is leftover trimmings from haversacks. I cut it into tiny rectangles, fold the bottom up part way and stitch the sides, then press the remaining fleece (which becomes the top flap) down so the flap will stay closed. I add a little jewel (leftover from craft projects with the Cowpokes and Pony Pals) for a little pizazz and call it done.

Next I thread horsey charms on ribbons and slip them into the mini haversacks. These are tucked into orders from the Mercantile as a little thank you gift.

I've learned to leave a bit of the ribbon hanging out so that customers know to look inside the haversack. More than one person has not realized that the mini haversack had a surprise inside!

I also change what I bedazzle them with. In late November I made a bunch with snowflake jewels. And right now I am looking for something summery that can be used.

Two weeks ago I got my first injection of the COVID-19 vaccine. After I get the second, I am hoping that I can poke around JoAnns and Hobby Lobby in person rather than doing all my shopping online. While I am very grateful that online shopping has allowed me to keep sewing and crafting, I am looking forward to the day when I can do it in person again. 

Fingers crossed that those summery accents for the fleece mini haversacks will be picked out in person.




No comments:

Post a Comment