NaMoPaiMo 2021 has concluded and Jennifer Buxton has put together the final collage of finished models. I circled Pony Pal Mila with her unicorn and Hokey, the one I painted.
1,173 painters entered and 730 of them finished. I find that pretty amazing.
Even more amazing is what Jennifer has accomplished. She's created an event for hobbyists at any skill level, from professional to never-held-a-paintbrush. Final statistics show participants entered from 24 countries and that 360 painters were under the age of 20. 85 of those were children under 12.
So what does that that mean? It means that Jennifer has found a way to reach and encourage our youngest hobbyists in a way that is different from collecting, showing, or tack making. She has opened up another aspect of the hobby to future hobbyists in a way that allows them to participate and have fun in a safe and encouraging environment.
In short, Jennifer has made a difference in future generations that is being felt across the world.
And that is pretty incredible in my book.

No comments:
Post a Comment