Since last fall, Marilou Mol and Linda Shawhan have been rehoming models and art from the late Linda Myron's collection. There were some lovely pieces, but I didn't bid on any models until this boy popped up the very last weekend of the dispersal.
Chief of Fourmile, a 1999 Commemorative Edition. Isn't he pretty?
Marilou and Linda both show chinas, and they packed him as though he were a china, too. (Thanks, ladies!)
He came with his original hang tag with information about him. (I hadn't realized that late in life he fell into bad hands and was rescued when he was emaciated and starving. Poor boy!)
Already I am fond of the little heart shaped spot on his off backside.
And his color is intriguing. I love the shoulder shading and the black spots underneath it.
His paint job is a little odd in another way.
The bottom of the hooves are black - did Breyer use black plastic or were the undersides of the hooves painted?
There is some detritus sticking to them, too. I did the flashlight test to check the plastic and the light shone right through, so the plastic is white and that is black paint. (In other words, it's not a chalky or partial chalky or chalky plastic.)
Attached to his leg is a tag that I presume was made by Linda to keep track of the models in her collection.
I'll check with Marilou and Linda but will probably keep the tag on him regardless of who wrote it - it's part of his provenance.
Such a pretty color on an underused vintage mold. I am thrilled to be able to add him to my collection.
No comments:
Post a Comment