Thursday, March 18, 2021

Yes, I am a Fabricaholic

 It all began innocently. Last May, I began sewing haversacks as gifts for those who entered my annual Happy Trails show. Due to the pandemic, we could not gather in person for the 2020 show, so I had turned it into a photo show and a haversack was given to all who entered. 

Well, 64 different fabrics later I think you could call me a confirmed fabricaholic. I thought it might be fun to show you some of my favorites.


 Cave Horses


Zebras


Candy Colored Jumps
 

Mares in Green


Aqua Circus Horses


Pink Circus Horses


Multicultural Equestrians


Girls Playing with Model Horses


Holly and Ivy Horses


Jockeys & Silks (a real vintage piece of fabric from the 1970s that I found thrifting.)


Mares in Black (used as donations for their Spooky Spectacular Photo Show last October.)


Mila Loves Unicorns (her mama chose this fabric so I could make Pony Pal Mila's quiet book from it and I used the remainder for haversacks.)

Moon, Planets, & Stars - not horsey but what a beautiful fabric.

To date I have made 272 haversacks out of these and the other beautiful fabrics in my stash. I've added in pony pads and ornaments which I will begin offering soon.


Here is a sneak peek of what some of them look like.

I never meant to go into business during my retirement, but Horsiemama's Haversacks & Mercantile sort of took off and has been successful. As long as I am finding it fun and not a burden or chore, I will keep sewing and embroidering.

After all, it does allow this fabricaholic to keep buying lovely fabrics.

(If you want to buy something, just email me at horsiemama8@gmail.com. Or go to the Mercantile Facebook page.)



1 comment:

  1. Of course. I use the term fabraholic because I think it sounds better, but the principle is the same. I thought you Meant to go into business -- it seems to've suited you so well. I'm just glad you're using up the fabrics to the last inch.

    ReplyDelete