Saturday, January 1, 2022

2021 in Review: January through June

With 374 blog posts having been written during 2021, I had to do a lot of winnowing down for the year end review. Even so, I had so much material that I ended up breaking the review into two entries. Enjoy, and Happy New Year!

January, 2021


We lost our sweet Millie. She is still very much missed.


With Snickerdoodle keeping Diablo company over at the blue barn, Abby was a little lonely. 


Horsiemama's Haversacks & Mercantile, founded in August, 2020, took off and I spent hours at the sewing machine. My 2021 total was 285 haversacks sewn!


February, 2021

 
Winter settled in and brought heavy snows that made it difficult for me to visit my girl.


"Those icicles have been known to kill people!" says the mom in A Christmas Story. I'm not sure about the that, but we were wary of these icicles that formed by our front door.


Pony Pal Mila and I participated in (and finished) NaMoPaiMo.


I built a 1:144 scale barn for personal satisfaction and also to use as a prop for Little Lynn and Circus Girl.


Sweet Nash joined our family and quickly won our hearts with his goofiness and his affectionate manner.


March, 2021


Spring rains were heavy and the path to the water trough became a sloppy mess.


The Mud Queen spent time daily in the mud spa and didn't mind slogging through that sloppiness at all.

 
In March I found another Steha-Leha circus Pony to go with Beauty, my black one.


And the stunning Lafayette arrived. I named him "West" since I live in West Lafayette.


April, 2021


Winter returned with a vengeance in April but fortunately didn't last too long.


I had a second spinal fusion at the end of April. Things went well and I feel better.


I received and accepted an invitation to become a board member for The Misty of Chincoteague Foundation, founded by Marguerite Henry, Peter Stone, and John and Rebecca Giusti. 


The writing was on the wall - my sewing and embroidery work was taking over my office/horse room.


I moved all my stitchery supplies into one of the spare bedrooms (prior to the spinal surgery, of course.)


May, 2021


Those heavy spring rains were worth it when the pastures grew up lush and green.


I had a stunning find while out antiquing one afternoon. A full sized mint Honora with label and a Miss Pepper, also mint and with label!


Mutton busting season was fast approaching and so I made Pony Pal Cambria and Cowpoke Titan new rodeo shirts.


I wrote a month long series about my circus pony collection. Even I didn't realize just how many different ones I had!



June, 2021


Local Pony Pals/Cowpokes Ian, Mila, and Lukie helped me wrangle tadpoles out of the horse trough. There's a creek in those woods you can see in the background, but for some reason, mama frog decided to hop across the pasture, climb up into the trough, and lay her eggs.


Over the course of several days, we pulled over 500+ tadpoles out of the trough and relocated them in the lake across from my home.


Despite being bred, Sultanna did not foal as we had hoped.


Rearranging the collection may not be the best activity when you are healing from a spinal fusion, but I took two weeks to do it and was very careful. Had to get ready for July's BreyerFest purchases!

July through December is next so stay 'tooned!



1 comment: