Thursday, January 13, 2022

Gummi Bears!

 After Breyer's announcement of the Gummi Bear set for Prost, anyone else have this song playing repeatedly in their mind?


With sixteen grandkids, I've got this song (and dance) memorized. I played it repeatedly when the Pony Pals and Cowpokes would visit, I used it on winter days in my classroom when the students needed a break, and I had just played it last Friday morning with Cowpoke Lukie.

When Breyer announced that one of the special runs for BreyerFest was a three-pack of Gummi Bears, collectors went nuts!

I think it is an incredibly clever connection to the German/Prost theme for this year. (Germany is the original source of Gummi Bears.) (Photo by Breyer.)

None of the models Breyer has shown us for BreyerFest have been something I really wanted until these bears were shown, but with only 1600 sets being produced and the wild enthusiasm with which they were received on social media, I imagine they will be hard to get.

I do have a hesitation - Breyer says they are "sweetly scented." Strong scents can trigger migraines for me. Maybe I can leave them in their  "stunning custom packaging that is themed to this summer’s celebration of Prost" so that that doesn't happen?

I never eat anything gummy - I don't like the texture or the taste. But I love this set and I hope to grab one this summer.




1 comment:

  1. I wasn't planning on 'doing' BreyerFest this year but these bears have made me question my choice. I never thought I was a fan of the Breyer bears but these...? *sigh*

    ReplyDelete