I'm just not going to be able to participate in NaMoPaiMo this year. I made the decision this morning as I sat and looked at the tub of paints and supplies, the Stablemate kits I'd bought for the Pony Pals to paint, and then looked at my order book for both Horsiemama and Jolis Chevaux.
A recently completed haversack order for someone who is a big fan of the University of Iowa.
I've got so much sewing to do, so many fabrics to stitch up, I've overflowed the sewing room and put some fabrics out in the family room.
I have a couple more custom orders to finish before I can get back to replenishing my stash of sales haversacks for the February Great Lakes Congress show.
Cowpoke Ian and Pony Pal Mila have asked me to stitch up some tears on their favorite plushies. They are going to pick them up later today, so those repairs are first on today's to-do list.
I have thirty men's shirts cut out for the Yankee Doodle Muzzleloaders Show in March. My goal is to finish ten for that show. (I find it much easier to cut things out early and then sew them when I get a moment. I do that with haversacks, too.)
NaMoPaiMo is a fun, well run, and educational event and I am so proud of the two models I completed in 2020 and 2021.
But I know myself well enough that taking on one more thing right now would simply be too much. The joy of the creating, be it haversacks, 18th century clothes, or a portrait model of one of the herd, would disappear and I would be stressed and wishing I had not taken one more thing on.
So I'm calling it now - no NaMoPaiMo for me this year. 2023, though? That's very much in my plans. And best wishes to the 2022 participants!
You will be greatly missed in this year's group!
ReplyDeleteWith everything you have on your plate at the moment, these are well thought out reasons for not joining in. Nothing is worse than causing yourself to be stressed out over something that should be fun. {hugg}
ReplyDeleteThat is alot of sewing! Kudos to you for knowing when to draw the line in the sand.
ReplyDelete