Sunday, January 2, 2022

2021 Review: July - December

Continuing a review of 2021, here is the second half of the year.

July, 2021


BreyerFest was online again this year


and it is always fun to attend friends' seminars. Liz Cory did several.


Work began in earnest on the two 18th century riding habits I was making for Lisa and myself.


August, 2021


Rodeoing in Utah with Mountain Mama Jessica and her family.


Blogging in her basement with help from Pony Pal Cambria and Cowpoke Titan. 


The pastures continued to be lush and green. Sultanna was back with Abby again.


It takes a lot of pins to gather 124 inches of fabric down to 40 inches.


I took Horsiemama's Mercantile on the road to Marilou Mol's show in Illinois and had good success selling


as well as showing. 


Beach Son Kyle and his family came through for a visit and Hokey gave rides to the grands.


September, 2021

September was a pretty crummy month.


After 76 years in business, Hagen Renaker shuttered its doors. 


A Pit Bull scaled a privacy fence and attacked Nashie and Lisa who were simply walking by and couldn't even see the dog until he came over the fence at them.


Both sustained bad wounds, physical as well as emotional. Healing is an ongoing process. 


October, 2021


Happy Trails IV was held in my home and this year there were Friday evening activities that included a barn visit.


We masked up and you had to be vaccinated to come. We had so much fun together!


The 18th century riding habits were finished with just a week to spare

 
and Lisa and I enjoyed wearing them at The Feast of the Hunters' Moon.


Horsiemama's Mercantile went to the October Great Lakes Congress show.


The hobby lost one of its founding mothers, Simone Smiljanic.


November, 2021


Fall continued to be unseasonable warm - Abby enjoyed some apple spaghetti.


Liz LaRose used one of my vintage photo show pictures in the 2021 Just About Horses.


Five of our six kids and their families, five dogs, and my siblings all gathered at our home for Thanksgiving.


It was loud, it was chaotic, and it was wonderful.


Once again, Hokey gave the Pony Pals and Cowpokes rides.


Craig and I celebrated our 45th wedding anniversary. 

December, 2021


Breyer's November Collectors Club newsletter  (published late) featured an article I wrote about the passing of Simone Smiljanic.


Craig and I met our Florida family in Missouri for an early Christmas and to tour Church history sites.


Unseasonably warm weather continued. Would it ever get cold? (It still hasn't as I write this.)


I set up a Christmas scene with Little Lynn, Circus Girl, and L'il Sis Jenny to decorate my office/horse room.


And modified it a bit after Christmas when  blog reader Adah sent a gift for Little Lynn to open.

It was quite a year, and despite the continuing pandemic, there were many happy, healthy, and safe times.

Here's hoping that 2022 continues that trend!






No comments:

Post a Comment