Thursday, January 27, 2022

Horsiemama's Haversacks is Hopping

Right now my sewing time is divided between two major projects - preparing Jolis Chevaux for an event in March, and getting ready for the Great Lakes Congress show in February where I will be setting up the Mercantile as well as showing.


The American Girl Doll dress that I sewed to match Mutton Bustin' Cambria's baptismal dress is done aside from putting the velcro in the back. (Darn! I have to go to JoAnn's. Again. LOL)

After completing the doll dress, I turned my attention to haversacks - extra long ones to accommodate the longer Breyers such as the Cleveland Bay, Uffington, the Shagya Arabian, and Dundee.


I had cut out nine of them right before Christmas and just needed to stitch them up.


I have the Cleveland Bay,


the Shagya Arabian,


and Dundee to ensure that the haversacks fit those molds. (I need to get Uffington.)


I take photos of the haversacks alone, then with the model on them, and finally with the model inside the haversack to show customers how they fit. 


I don't like velcro around my models and make deep flaps on my other haversacks that ensure they remain closed when in use. 


But these haversacks are long enough that I feel they are more secure with a velcro closure.


The nine extra long haversacks done and I hope that that will be enough. 


At the last live show I attended, I brought four of them and they sold out before the show even started!


Now I am going to next work on replenishing my stock of Traditional sized haversacks. (You can see that deeper flap on this one that I have already completed.)

I also have two custom orders that I need to sew  - I'll actually do those first before making the others to take to GLC.

Like I said, Horsiemama's Haversacks is hopping!







1 comment:

  1. Sounds like February will be a sewing month instead of a painting month. Everything looks wonderful....you are so talented! :)

    ReplyDelete