Saturday, April 16, 2022

Barn Check - No Baby Yet

No foal yet! I've been going out twice a day to check on Sultanna, and yesterday morning she had a couple of visitors when I arrived.


I could see the two young girls from next door  had crossed the hay field and were over by the hay rack saying hello. 


Avery and Ronan did not know that Sultanna was in foal and were so excited when I told them! (So am I.)


Abby's eye is much better although I continue to medicate it. The cloudiness is minimal and hard to see. (It is evidence of Tim's skills that he could even see it - I can barely see it myself.)


Dolly is still the low horse in the herd order, so I made sure to walk down the fence and give her a treat.


Despite Sultanna's great size, there were no signs that foaling was imminent - no biting at her sides, pacing, or leaking milk.

It was windy again and raining when I went out in the late afternoon. (Unlike the previous windy day, the horses were still in the right pasture!)

Day two of being in charge of the herd is in the books - maybe today is the day I will discover a new herd member. I will be sure to post pictures as soon as Sultanna foals.

Stay 'tooned!




No comments:

Post a Comment