Sultanna foaled some time very early Easter morning. When I went out to check on her at sunrise Sunday morning, I could see some extra legs behind Sultanna as I approached the barn.
We have a lively, very prancy, inquisitive filly.
She has a little white mark on her forehead that looks like the letter C and high socks on her hind legs.
She surprised me a bit when she came over and nickered (twice!) at me. My heart melted and I fell in love with her then and there.
When I'd gone back out to the barn Saturday afternoon to check Sultanna, she was leaking milk. Tim asked me to move her to the blue barn along with Hokey for company. (Tim's son lives in town and is always available to help and he moved them for me.)
Abby and Dolly are very curious about the new baby and are spending a lot of time looking over the fence at her.
After attending church (as you might imagine, I was very distracted and had to work hard to keep my mind on the service, haha!) we had a family gathering for Easter dinner and to celebrate my sisters' birthdays. As soon as everyone had left, I zoomed out to the barn for another check.
Things were going well.
Both mama and baby looked a little tired - not a surprise as it had been quite a day for them both.
Sleepy yawns.
Just before I left for home, Sultanna and Sweet Girl lay down and took a snooze in the late afternoon sun.
Awwww!! So adorable! To bad Tim was gone (again)!
ReplyDeleteHe wishes he was here, too! But his commitments elsewhere had to take priority. He's a great barn owner and horseman.:)
ReplyDeleteOh I'm sure he is, I was just having a chuckle over his series of unfortunate foalings! Will he be home soon to meet the foal?
ReplyDeleteBeautiful baby <3
ReplyDelete