Sunday, November 13, 2022

A Pearly Mix Foal

Earlier this fall, Barn Buddy Kelsey texted me a photo of a Breyer Clydesdale Foal. She  had spotted it at a flea market and, knowing my love of vintage molds, asked if I wanted it.


It had a pearly look to it so I told Kelsey that I did.


In-hand, I could tell that it was an odd piece and I began to think that it was most likely not a pearly, but instead was a partial pearly. (A regrind of pearly and regular plastic.)


There is definitely a pearly glow in her body and neck.


As I researched pearliness in Breyer models, I came across this photo.


Photo retrieved from Google Images and taken by Andrea Gurdon. 

I followed the link to the photo and it turns out that Andrea has a Clydesdale Foal just like mine. And, like me, she had come to the same conclusion - it was the product of a regrind of regular and pearly plastic. (Read her blog post here.)

I've made a note on this little girl's tag of what she is and she's on the shelf with her sisters. (Another one of them is a pearly, too.) 

I sure am grateful that Kelsey has such sharp eyes and was willing to snag this piece for me!




No comments:

Post a Comment