Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Harry is Home!

I have a really nice Monrovia Hagen Renaker Harry.


A gift from my friend, Cristine Holt, 


he does well in halter and collectibility classes.

Really well.


So when this happened several years ago,


I was not happy. It was my fault; I brushed against him as he stood on my desk and over he went.


His mama, Adelaide, also toppled over but luckily only her hat broke.

Sadly I picked up the pieces of Harry and the hat and put them on a shelf in my closet. I meant to send them out for repair, but the pandemic hit and they sat on that shelf for three years.

This summer I decided the time had come to get them both fixed. I researched repair artists and decided I wanted to use Sue Kern to fix them. She was booked pretty far out, and my reserved time slot was November 1, but I'd already waited a long time so I was not concerned about waiting a little more. 

Yesterday my repaired Harry and the hat arrived home again. I was in Indianapolis and did not get home until late, so I have yet to open the box. That's today's project, and I am looking forward to seeing how they look.

Stay 'tooned!




3 comments:

  1. We, in the hobby, are so lucky we have repair artists like Sue Kern and Jennifer Danza (and others) to help when a calamity like this happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops, for some reason my comment came up as anonymous...

      Delete
    2. Yes, we are! And I have used both. :)

      Delete