Wednesday, November 16, 2022

I See Horses

Sometimes your perception is influenced by your interests and you see things or make connections that others do not. Case in point? This sign at a local gas station:


I have no idea what FAS rewards are. But I do have a lot of FASs!


Breyer's FAS, also called the Family Arabian Stallion, in Appaloosa. (And for the record, I am up for FAS rewards any time if they are this kind of FAS!)

My town was anchored by the Monon Railroad so we have lots of tracks, bridges, and overpasses crisscrossing town.

I didn't see the train cars on this overpass; I saw the NAME on the trailers being transported.


Secretariat winning the Belmont and Triple Crown, 1973. Photo from Bloodhorse.

No doubt aficionados of other things do the same thing - see connections to their interests in otherwise everyday, normal things.

And I'll bet that those connections make them smile, too, just as they did me.





2 comments:

  1. Alas, I'm betting the 't' merely fell off of fast rewards. But I absolutely know what it is to see with horse-oriented (and horse-shape-oriented) eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are probably right! The sign is still up. Maybe they are out of the letter "T"! LOL

    ReplyDelete