Sunday, November 20, 2022

The Lure of Apples

 Since the beginning of time,

apples have been a tempting treat.


Nash and Pepper would do a lot for a taste of an apple (especially if it is one that I am already eating.)


The horses are always game for an apple or two as well.


My children and the pony pals and cowpokes love homemade applesauce,


especially when it is made from varieties that my parents grew on our orchard.

So, with the holidays fast approaching, I have been making and freezing lots of homemade applesauce to serve at Thanksgiving and Christmas.


And that means apple spaghetti for the horses!


Hokey literally stakes a claim on some of it.


and quickly gobbles it down. (Catch that Thanksgiving pun? Hah!)


Dolly enjoys hers. (That's snow on the grass in the foreground. Winter is definitely here.)


Someone would like me to get off the couch and get busy on the next batch. (So that I will toss him the occasional piece or two.)

Six gallons of sauce from Mutsus, Cortlands, and Northern Spys are in the freezer. Hopefully that will be enough for my apple-loving family.



No comments:

Post a Comment