I've added two more Johanns to my collection!
The Appaloosa was the one I wanted most. (I received the palomino.)
And the Lippizaner in Appaloosa did not disappoint.
He has red speckles that are reminiscent of the early (and popular) red roan color that Breyer introduced back in the 1970s.
I found the Appaloosa at the October GLC show as well as Johann #3 there, too.
He is pretty, too, but pintos are not a favorite color for me.
Even more so, I am not fond of the current trend of the pinking that is being added to so many models recently.
While some horses do have some pinking, I feel that the pinking on many recent models is overdone - the pinking jumps out at you and distracts rather than being a subtle shading that enhances the model's coloring.
Pinking dislike aside, I'm pleased to have added these two models to my collection. Now I'm really hoping to find the bay one and complete the conga.
I'll do that Harry and Adelaide hat post soon - haven't opened the box yet.
Stay 'tooned!
The model's are lovely Lynn--Altho the only thing that ruins it for me--is that the colors are unrealistic for the breed! (If you "live" show, what breed can you show them as?? They *may* be considered "historical"-but can documentation be found to prove it??) This is getting to be my pet peeve with Breyer--is their insistance on putting colors on the new models that the breed standards don't allow or the color (if allowed) is *so* rare as to almost be non-existant!!
ReplyDeleteIs the glossy bay the rare color then?? Because that's the only one I wanted (and received!) However, while I'm overjoyed that I got my color choice, I'm disappointed that I still might *not* be able to show mine!! Have you noticed that for this mold to be called a "stallion", that "he" is seriously missing his parts that make him so??!! I don't know that much about the Lipizzan breed --but I don't think that they show the mares, do they??
One last thing, *why* would you name a mare a male's name????
Sorry for long message-'but noticed that the giggles got deleted from my message when I mentioned the lack of "boy parts"!!(heh!heh!) Was the comment too inappropriate??
ReplyDeleteOver time, some pinks fade. The 1960s Decorators are even more valuable if they retain a smidgeon of their pink. Maybe Breyer is just trying to get ahead.
ReplyDelete