First, before I show you the Mini Dandy that came with Poppy and Ollie, here's a bit of follow up from yesterday's Purdue Elf post, specifically the parody of the world's largest cup of coffee using Purdue's famous "World's Largest Drum."
Purdue has claimed to have the world largest drum since they had it built in 1921. It probably no longer is the biggest in the world (a title like that just begs for people to challenge you by building their own!) but it is still huge and fun to watch.You can't see it very well in the Elf clip, so here's a photo of it in action on the football field.
On January 2, Purdue is playing in the Citrus Bowl. The drum will be there, so if you watch the game or any parade associated with it, no doubt you will see it.
Now, on to Mini Dandy!
I absolutely do not collect Stablemates. But boy howdy, did I begin making exceptions when Breyer began shrinking down vintage molds!I love the vintage Clydesdale mold - the old guy in matte bay with gold bobs and a (long gone) blue ribbon sticker was one of my very first models.
My Mini Dandy (I keep wanting to spell it "Dandi" so it matches!) has one bob that is tipped a little but I don't care one bit. I love him and am delighted to add him to my growing Stablemate collection.
Breyer has shrunk the Clydesdale, Indian Pony, and Fighting Stallion; I am hoping for the Five Gaiter, Stretch Morgan, Grazing Mare and Foal, Western Prancer (with a teeny tiny saddle!!), Semi Rearing Stallion, Balking Mule, Old Timer... The possibilities are endless.
And wouldn't it be cool to have a Vintage Stablemate Club where all the pieces offered were vintage molds that had been shrunk down? I'd join in a heartbeat.
Breyer has touched onto a gold mine. I suspect they know that, and I hope to see more old favorites in Lilliputian size.
Christmas Card of the Day
While I am holding out for horsey cards, I may have to start posting the non-horsey cards I have been getting. (Which are lovely in their own right!) In the meantime, enjoy this meme.
No comments:
Post a Comment