I didn't make it out to the barn yesterday - I got started on washing sheets and towels and then packing up wrapping paper, bows, and bags into their tub, and then I put the sewing room and my office back in order... Before I knew it, it was getting dark. Today's forecast is for rain, but fingers crossed.
I haven't forgotten the giveaway and will get to that ASAP. And before I forget, thank you so much for the comments and emails, folks. They have meant a lot.
Here are a few more Christmas pictures and a video before I move on to doing the annual year end review.
Mutton Busting Champion Cambria and me decorating Christmas cookies at Uncle Curt and Aunt Vanessa's home Christmas Eve day.
Reading a story to Pony Pal Susie
and The Night Before Christmas, a family tradition.
A gag gift while playing Dirty Santa - Merman ornaments. The story behind those? I'd been trying to find something good to read on Amazon and run across Merman romance literature. I'd never heard of that and shared it with my daughters. They thought that was hilarious and so of course Hawkeye Sarah set me up during the game to receive a set of Merman ornaments. Which were promptly stolen by Mountain Mama Jessica so I didn't get to keep them!
Finally, our family did some singing together Christmas Eve and Emily recorded one of the songs. Our family is very musical - all my kids play the piano, we also have two flutists, a harpist, an oboist, violinist, cellist, violaist, bassist, several organists, and a guitarist.
Beautiful singing, with lot of harmony. You all sounded awesome!
ReplyDeleteThank you for continuing to let us take a peek at your Christmas traditions. Everyone has different family celebrations and it's nice to see the differences as well as the similarities.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I had never heard of Merman ornaments and Googled them - wowza! *grin*