Neither Craig nor I really use the spa tub in our bathroom anymore - it's just too hard to get in and out of for us. Still, we do find uses for it, most of which are pretty creative.
When counter space is at a premium in the kitchen (or we are trying to protect desserts from inquiring fingers), we put cakes or pies in the tub.
Generally they are safe there from the grands and dogs. (But we learned the hard way to shut the bathroom door, just in case.)
It's a great place to thaw turkeys and dry bread crumbs for stuffing.
And when the family gathering is huge (like this year's Christmas), sometimes the spa tub almost isn't big enough to hold all the food!
Once I even used the spa tub to wash Local Son Curt's beloved childhood snowman, Flurry. He was covered in years of grime (he truly was beloved) so I popped him in the tub with some Tide, turned on the jets, rinsed and repeated a few times, and Flurry was himself again.
Curt was so happy with the results, he took Flurry along with him and his brothers-in-love and did a tongue in cheek boys outing around town.
My favorite use of the spa tub was also the absolutely most surprising, one I'd never thought of.
Vanessa and Emily organized a dance party in our bathroom and the spa tub Thanksgiving afternoon in 2021. The grands had a lot of energy and it was the perfect way to get some of that energy out. (I joined in, too.)
At the moment, I am playing Tub Jenga and storing all the gifts our kids have been sending ahead of themselves in it. When they arrive, they will open those boxes and wrap their gifts in time for us to put Christmas Day food in there.
I've been taking photos as the boxes pile up.
At first, I blithely assumed I could keep everyone's gifts neatly stacked in their own separate piles.
That worked for a couple of days.
And then the onslaught began as we got within ten days of Christmas.
No longer do I carefully sort them; now I just fit them wherever there is room. And you know what?
Tub Jenga has spilled over and turned into Closet Jenga!
Entries for the giveaway end at 11:59 PM tonight! Comment if you wish to enter!
How funny to see a tub full of food or packages! Way to get creative for storage!
ReplyDeleteLove the tub photos! Today's Christmas card is what it is going to look like soon out at the barn with Abby and friends!
ReplyDeleteGreat use of the spa tub, especially for the dance party!
ReplyDeleteWouldn't it be great to bottle that energy...