Wednesday, December 7, 2022

New Fabrics

Believe it or not, I am in my third year of Horsiemama's Haversacks & Mercantile. I never intended to go into business; it just sort of happened. Same with Jolis Chevaux, my 18th century clothing business. Yet here I am, sewing away four to five days a week.

During those three years, I've learned that online sales drop off as the show season wraps up at the end of the year. That's also a time when fabric goes on sale for some really good prices so it's a good time to stock up for when sales begin to ramp up again in February. 

And I have been buying.


Balloon Horses - such a unique fabric!


I had a student from South Africa whose hobby was making balloon animals, and he once made me a balloon horse in orange, my favorite color.


Purple is very popular (especially with the Pony Pals!) I also have this fabric in mint green and black.


Dressage horses in pink with touches of green and black.


I'm thinking ahead to BreyerFest so I have been searching for fabrics with horse drawn vehicles. That has been harder than I anticipated.


Pop art race horses - I showed this to two customers, got two custom orders, and had to reorder it because I had used all I had!


Burros on blue. I may make myself a haversack from this.


Pink zebras - I love the little bit of sass I spy on their faces!


Dala horses are very popular with my customer base. This is my fourth or fifth dala fabric and I think it is my favorite of them all.


Anyone else reminded of Breyer's Balking Mule by this fabric?


See what I mean?


This last fabric looks pretty unremarkable, but in-hand it makes me smile. There is a joyfulness among those cartoon horses!

Believe it or not, I have another stack of fabrics waiting to be photographed. 

Stay 'tooned!


Christmas Card of the Day



1 comment:

  1. If I was a shower and needed pouches, I would totally be all over some of the fabrics you showed us. What a great selection of interesting prints.

    ReplyDelete