Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Good News but Why?

Never mind that last post about Josh Seiter's passing - apparently, it's a hoax. Numerous news outlets are posting the following video where Josh appears and explains that he is alive but that his Instagram account was hacked and the fake message of his death posted.

Yesterday I thought often of his mom and brothers, Israel and Steve. (His father passed away some time ago.) I wondered how she was handling the news that Josh had passed, and then later in the day when I learned that he actually had not, I was angry - she did not deserve to go through something like that. Neither did his brothers.

We may never know who did the hacking and posted the fake message. There has been some speculation on social media that this could have been a publicity stunt by Josh and his team. I don't know but I suppose it is possible.

Regardless how it came about, I am glad that he is alive.

---

Don't forget the give away! Can you guess my favorite Star Trek character? (Hint: this character first appeared in Star Trek Next Generation.) Any correct guesses will receive a prize. No correct guesses at all? All who made a guess will be eligible for a prize and put in a drawing. Enter by commenting on the blog, one entry per person per day. (Or emailing me at horsiemama8@gmail.com.) Prize(s) to be revealed later. Entries close on Thursday, August 31, at 11:59 PM.




1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear he's still alive, but sorry to hear about the mix up. I'm sure that was hard on everyone.

    As for the giveaway, I know nothing about Star Trek. I too love Sci-Fi, but I prefer old books (give me the C.S. Lewis Space Trilogy any day!). I will guess though, based on some Google searches. I think I will go with Geordi La Forge, because he is blind (?). Or at least that's what my search says he is. I know you have a blind friend and have been involved/semi-involved with seeing eye dogs. :)
    I'm probably way far off, but guessing is fun!

    ReplyDelete