Saturday, August 12, 2023

What's in those Boxes?

Back in June, I decided to sort through several big boxes that had been stored in my closet for several years. I remembered several of the items that I had squirreled away, but much of what was in there was now a mystery. I was really happy I did - there were so many pieces I'd forgotten that I'd tucked away.

Like this small set of Breyer's crystal horses.


Passion was my first one.


I wasn't sure that I would buy more after him. He was fragile and he was expensive.


But he was also beautiful and the crystal pieces were coming in sturdy boxes and cocooned with foam.

 
And so every other year or so, I began buying them at BreyerFest.


I especially liked it when the year's offering was a vintage mold.


As I look at their pictures, I am wondering why no one shows them.


They come in their own protective box and are easy to transport.


It would be interesting to see how they would do in Collectibility.


Photo showing them might prove difficult


as they are difficult to photograph.


I packed these (carefully) back into the security of my closet for the time being.

I'd love to put them on display but I am out of room in my china cases and while I have some open shelving, I would not put them out unprotected.

Something to think about as I continue to go through boxes and tubs.

Stay 'tooned!





2 comments:

  1. I know it isn't the prettiest solution but with two one year old kittens Museum Putty has been a God send for me. A small bit under each down hoof keeps all my models safe. In fact the ONLY horse that wasn't puttied down was a heavy, enamled iron, former doorstop that was part of my mantel display. All around him were various Stones and Breyers, all puttied. At 1am one morning I woke to a horrible clanging noise and found the doorstop on the floor with his tail snapped off. There wasn't a single mark on any other model and all of them were still in place, even the Stablemates that had been around his feet. I won't display a model without the stuff now and have not had another incident even with models on shelves low enough for the kittens to frequent. AJG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing that those cats were strong enough to push him off! Thank goodness nothing else was damaged.

    ReplyDelete