Tuesday, August 8, 2023

I've Waited Decades!

 Thanks to Liz Cory, a model I have searched for for DECADES is now in my collection.


Yesterday I mentioned that I had two friends coming through town who I would be meeting for lunch.


Those friends were Liz and Sam Cory. 


They were on their way home from a family camping trip, and Liz was bringing me something she'd found at BreyerFest for me.


A vintage alabaster 5 Gaiter with black eyes! I have the red eyed version, but I did not have the black eyed one.


I had literally been looking for this piece for several decades and I had not found one that was in good shape and for the right price.


As an added bonus, this model came from my friend Simone Smiljanic's collection! She and I became friends in 1970 and were still corresponding frequently when Simone passed away in October, 2021. Needless to say, I am thrilled to add a piece of hers to my own collection.

I'd like to come up with a name that pays homage to both Liz and Simone. Any suggestions? Please put them in the comments!


Liz and Sam, it was so good to see you and to get a moment to have lunch and catch up. And thank you so much for finding my new 5 Gaiter. I am absolutely thrilled to have him!







6 comments:

  1. That's fantastic! What a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Windsong Li-Mone using a long i and long o. sounds rather french and a bit exotic

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS, the shading looks wonderful on your find. Congratulations on the aquisition and the story with it makes it even more special

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simcor

    Then-and-Now

    Kindred Spirit

    Alabaster Bond

    (From the other Nancy K.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Windsong Happy Together

    ReplyDelete
  6. Windsong Longtime Legacy

    Betsy in Wi

    ReplyDelete