I spent an hour wandering around Hobby Lobby yesterday. I went in for a can of Krylon satin finish and came home with not only that but all the paper products I will need to host 28 for Thanksgiving dinner (and possibly 35 if my entire family comes), 3 football serving trays (several family members are HUGE football fans; these are gifts for them), a styrofoam head to display toques at The Feast of the Hunters' Moon, and finally, some supplies for a seminar I've been asked to teach.
You must wander around the store when you go to Hobby Lobby and look at the craft supplies and home decor. And even though it is still August, there was aisle after aisle after AISLE of Christmas decorations!
Look at these cute cowboy boot ornaments! I may go back and get one or two of them. (Okay, let's be honest. I might get one of each.)
These horse heads were another surprise. Their realism and attention to detail are not what you usually find displayed in stores at Christmas. (I don't like the jagged necks, though; looks like something violent happened to them.)
These colorful unicorns also caught my eye. They are so stinking' CUTE. And I don't like unicorns! Look at the color twist horn! Their happy eyes! The chubby bodies! One actually landed in my cart but eventually I put it back on the hanger. If it's there the next time I go to Hobby Lobby, then MAYBE I will get myself one for a Pony Pal.
On the other hand, neither of these unicorns appealed it me.
Nor did these horses. These are what I usually find at Hobby Lobby and other big box stores (and leave behind.)
Christmas is most definitely coming!
No comments:
Post a Comment