Here is the story about those Hagen Renaker ponies that Cowpoke Lukie set the red, white and blue Breyers by the other day.
Liz Cory is helping Nancy Falzone sell some of her extensive Hagen Renaker collection. The day before Midwest Mini Mayhem, Liz posted some photos on Facebook of what she was bringing to the show to sell and these two lovely pieces were included.
I was expecting the mini Head Up and Head Down ponies; I was not expecting the Designer Workshop pieces! The stickers should have been a clue, but the prices were so good, I assumed they were the smaller version.
As a result, I acted fast and contacted Liz. The ponies were mine and it wasn't until I opened their box later that I realized I'd gotten the Designer Workshop pieces, not the Stablemate sized ones.
Liz assured me that the price was not an error and that what I'd paid was what Nancy wanted for them.
Honestly, I could not believe my luck. While I did not get the chestnut pair in the Stablemate size that I have been looking for, I was still very, very happy to have the chestnut Designer Workshop set, especially at such a reasonable price and, more importantly, pieces that came from Nancy's collection.
I have been enjoying having them in my office and out where I can see them. But clearly it is time to put them in a safer place.
There is more to this story. Stay 'tooned!





No comments:
Post a Comment